Gingerbread Body Scrub


A friend of mine shared this festive Gingerbread inspired body scrub recipe with me in November and I loved it so much I decided to make up a bunch to give as gifts this Christmas. I love gingerbread cookies, so a sugar scrub that smells like this tasty treat is such a sweet way to start the day!  Not only does this all-natural scrub smell amazing, but it helps exfoliate and moisturise your skin.

Recipe
GINGERBREAD BODY SUGAR SCRUB

Combine 2/3 cup brown sugar, 2/3 cup raw sugar, 3 drops Cassia essential oil, 3 drops ginger essential oil, 1 drop clove essential oil, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp allspice and 100ml of fractionated coconut oil.

For best results, wash your skin with soap or body wash and rinse well. Afterwards, apply a sufficient amount of sugar scrub to wet skin over your entire body, massaging in a circular motion to allow the granules to remove dead skin cells. Rinse off well. This makes your skin look and feel refreshed and healthy.


Of course, Stampin' Up!'s Cookie-Cutter Christmas stamp set had the perfect little gingerbread man to suit the theme!

The Tag
Supplies Used:
Stamps: Cookie-Cutter Christmas
Inks: Soft Suede, Real Red
Papers: Whisper White, Soft Sky
Accessories/Tools: Cookie Cutter Builder, 7/8" Striped Ribbon, Lots of Labels Framelits, Big Shot, Crumb Cake Classic Weave Ribbon, White Bakers Twine, 1/2" Circle Punch, 1/8" Circle Punch

I'm submitting this project to the Global Design Project 'Home for the Holidays' theme and TGIF 'Last Minute Santa!' Challenges.  These handmade gifts were made with love in my home and it's my hope they are bringing my loved ones a taste of the holidays in their homes long after Christmas is over!

Want more great DIY gift jar ideas?  See this post *HERE*










2 comments

  1. What a great gift and your packaging is perfection! Thanks for sharing the scrub recipe. I have never done a sugar scrub with brown sugar, so I am excited to try your recipe. Also thanks for linking up with us at TGIF for our Last Minute Santa challenge. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thrilled to see you join in with us this week over at TGIF Challenges Jenn! Another fab scrub idea to add to my list of scrub recipes to try! This is such a great gift giving idea!💖

    ReplyDelete