Shooting Star, Slider Cards

Stampin' Up!, Slider card, Shooting star, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost

Today I'm excited to share with you some projects that I had published on Stampin' Up!'s very own blog this week.

What is better than getting a handmade card?  How about one with a fun interactive element to it – like a slider card.  Making these cards can be easy using Stampin' Up!'s sliding star framelits.

Whilst you could use these framelits with any stamps, I've chosen to feature the coordinating Shooting Star set and create a little galaxy inspired theme to share with you today.  I started with a panel of watercolor paper and applied a wash of tempting turquoise and elegant eggplant inks with an aqua painter.

I embellished with the Confetti Celebration set star, I also added the “It's YOUR DAY!” from this same set in eggplant.  I added a little more watercoloring to the tail of the star and some dazzling details in silver sparkle.  Then I followed this great tutorial by Stampin' Up! to put everything together.

This card was so much fun to make I decided to try one with a full circle track too.

Stampin' Up!, Slider card, Shooting star, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost

This time I cut the tail off the star to help it spin more smoothly and not get caught on my layered embellishments and silver metallic thread loops in the center.

I hope you've enjoyed these fun designs and that they inspire you to give your own spinner cards a try!

No comments