Thoughtful Moroccan Nights, Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team blog hop


For today's Artisan blog hop I'm sharing two projects featuring these bold lantern style lights from the Moroccan Nights stamp set. The Moroccan style is filled with bright, magnetic colors so I decided to mix the warm delightful dijon and early espresso tones that feature in the coordinating Moroccan paper suite with some vibrant tempting turquoise and watermelon wonder.

I started by hand stamping the dijon background panel with the fun Thoughtful Banners word set in VersaMark ink for a subtle tone on tone look.  I stamped the entire panel before deciding to cover up so much of it with the other elements.  I hate to see effort go to waste, so before putting the card together I sneakily cut out some of the background in the area to be overlapped to use in my second card!
The layering square framelit die shape made this so easy to do.

Whilst in my first card I went with a vanilla stamping base to tie in with the warm tones of the designer series paper, in this second card I went with white.


I white embossed the pretty pattern from the Moroccan set on crumb cake.  Then added a strip of turquoise card and some Moroccan washi, before adding my custom stamped dijon square with dimensionals.  The lanterns this time are espresso and cajun craze to match in with the colours in the washi tape.

I hope you've enjoyed these projects!  The next Artisan in the hop is the AMAZING Jess Williams who is sure to WOW.  Click the link below to continue along to her blog.

3 comments

  1. Loving your colour combo! Super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cards Jennifer. I especially love how you used Tempting Turquoise. It's a color I need to dust off and use. It's beautiful with the colors you paired it with.

    ReplyDelete